Saturday 14 May 2011

Lying in Bed Thinking

It's been one of those mornings today
I had high hopes for the day, expecting some lovely sunshine, perhaps getting up for a relatively early morning walk.
But, you know what, it's nearly mid day and here I am, still lying in bed lazing around. I haven't even dragged myself out of bed to make my second cup of tea yet ... ahhhh tea, that great British institution.
Right ... now I actually have surfaced and made that ciup of tea and where am I now? .. Yes, back in bed, and it got me wondering and thinking about what a great thing beds are. Not so much when we go to sleep, let's face it, we can sleep almost anywhere, but that wonderful feeling, when we get the rare chance, just to lie around in our beds, reading, driniking cups of tea and generally relaxing.
I also find this to be quite a creative time when I write ,... maybe because I don't have a TV in the room to distract me perhaps.
But I have been awake for around four hours now, so perhaps I will finish this cup of tea and try to forget my bed for several more hours and actually go outside into the big bad world.

No comments:

Post a Comment